jueves, 7 de junio de 2012

Spreading the word CAD

I would like to thank MCADCafe for the invitation to participate in their Blog section. I’m excited to write my first post for this new blog which I expect to generate a lot of interest among the CAD community. As stated in my brief Bio, I’m a Mexican CAD enthusiast by heart and an electromechanical engineer by profession. Most of my experience is based in the product design field within the automotive industry related to engine components and assemblies designs.


Since those times, I started my career using ProENGINEER v16 modeling parts and assemblies and making product drawings as well. My point is, I didn’t imagine the powerful tool I had in my hands. Everything seemed to be so easy and if anything couldn’t be designed, that was for sure due to human limitation or simple ignorance on how to use the software. I should be grateful that at least I still used big desks, paper and ink to learn Technical Drawing at school, back in 1993.

Now and from the last and a half year, I’ve been working as an Application Engineer and Trainer for a VAR Company for PTC MCAD products, getting the chance to know deeper the Mexican manufacturing industry and learning from them the level of use of CAD tools. Regarding that, I should say that there is a whole lot to learn about best practices and the correct use of the design software in relation to the different manufacturing processes that we have. Not to mention that Mexico is in majority a manufacturing country for big international companies. There is only a few small and mid-level companies who are in the way of a really engineer design process.

As I witnessed the evolution of ProE versions, from v20 through all Wildfire ones and finally with the arrive of Creo Parametric 2.0, I would say that development engineers at PTC have done a great job. I deliver Creo training for most of the modules and every time I still get impressed of what the software can do for us.

With all this experience and thoughts in my mind, I look to other countries and see the big advantage they have over engineer design in Mexico, my lovely country. Therefore, as an engineer, designer and most of all, as Mexican, I’m concern about the growth and development of our manufacturing market from the creative and invention point of view. There is a big urgency to develop good Mexican products which could be distributed worldwide that really have conceptualized, calculated, design and develop by Mexicans minds. Of course there are some, or few, or many, but for some reason, this beautiful country is indeed not yet recognized as a big country for developers. I hope not to harm some feelings, but we don’t really have an iconic technological (mechanical, electric/electronic, medical, just to mention some examples) product around the world, as many other countries do.

Now I’m sure we are on our way to develop big things. But the most important thing to develop in the first place, is our human potential and our creative abilities. So for that reason I would love to be read by all of my colleagues and thanks again for the great forum to post my blog at MCADCafe.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario